Alcohol & Drug Addictions Counselor
Posted 10/06/2023 | Résumés will be accepted until position is filled.
Organization: Axis I Center of Barnwell
Organization Address: 179 Fuldner Road, Barnwell, SC 29812
• Provides counseling and treatment for adolescents and/or adults as scheduled in either outpatient or intensive outpatient programs.
• Performs intake; screening; assessment; treatment plan development; individual, family, and group counseling; referral when necessary; and case management.
• Works 40 hours per week. Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings as needed.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Certification as an Alcohol & Drug Counselor (ADC) or ability to become certified within three years of hire.
• Valid driver's license.
• Knowledge of DSM-5 and ASAM placement criteria.
• Knowledge of different counseling theories, as well as knowledge of what situations call for specific theories.
• Proficient computer skills and written documentation skills.
• Applicants tentatively selected for the position will be required to submit to a urinalysis drug screen and a background check prior to being hired. Employment is contingent upon clearing the drug screen and background investigation.
Preferred Qualifications: • Master's degree in Counseling or a related Human Services field.
Salary: Dependent upon education and experience. State benefits.
Application Deadline: Résumés will be accepted until position is filled.Apply Now