Certified Peer Support Specialist
Posted 05/03/2023 | 05/24/2023
Organization: S.C. Department of Corrections (SCDC)
Organization Address: Watkins Mental Health, 1700 St. Andrews Terrace Road, Columbia, SC 29210
Under direct supervision:
• Provides administrative and therapeutic support to current inmate peer supports statewide.
• Assists the program manager with implementation and facilitation of continuing education and initial peer support trainings virtually and in person across institutions.
• Ensures peer support services promote community socialization, recovery, self-advocacy, self-help, and development of natural support through life experiences.
• Serves as an active member of the clients' treatment team, models the recovery lifestyle, and performs other duties as assigned.
• Maintains clinical documentation on all clients of all services provided.
• Ensures confidentiality and rights are maintained.
• Participates on a multi-disciplinary treatment team for the purposes of program evaluation development and case management consultation.
• Participates in staff meeting and attends training sessions as required.
• Completes assigned monthly reports as requested for supervisory review and submits as required.
• Bachelor's degree in Guidance, Counseling, or the social sciences AND professional experience in human services or social services programs.
• Must be or able to be credentialed as an APSC-certified per support specialist (CPSS) within 90 days of hire.
• Minimum of two years in recovery.
• Experience working in a correctional setting with a forensic population.
• Must successfully complete four weeks of SCDC Basic Training upon hire.
Preferred Qualifications: • One year of experience working in a correctional setting or with a forensic population.
Application Deadline: 05/24/2023Apply Now