Community Engagement Manager
Posted 02/17/2023 | Résumés (with cover letter) will be accepted until position is filled.
Organization: FAVOR Upstate - Greenville Center
Organization Address: 355 Woodruff Road, Suite 303, Greenville, SC 29607
Job Description: Position provides an excellent community awareness and volunteer engagement program (in accordance with the Benevon Model). Manages all point-of-entry events, including communication before, during and after the events. In addition, assists in supporting the ambassador program, the annual ask event, engagement activities for donors, and stewardship of donors, including acknowledgements, annual report, etc. Position is an integral part of the annual fundraising strategy and a pivotal member of the Fund Development team.
Plans and executes the annual Community Engagement Program to include (but not limited to) the following:
- Under the direction of the Development Director, develops and manages all aspects of the donor pipeline – bringing guests into FAVOR Upstate’s Hope and Healing Hours through a variety of points of entry.
- Plans and executes the annual calendar of Hope and Healing Hours, including maintenance of guest list, overseeing set-up, communicating with guests before and after the events, writing and updating scripts, writing and updating stories, securing and training speakers, securing board members and ambassadors to host, leading the tours, inputting guest information into the database following the tours, following up with guests within 48 hours, and creating and executing next steps and cultivation plans for those guests.
- Develops and maintains an active "Speakers Bureau" with participants willing to publicly share about their involvement with FAVOR as it relates to Rebuilding Lives, Healing Families, and Strengthening Communities.
- Actively creates and implements strategies to increase the number of individuals who attend points of entry, both from current donor base and within community at large.
- Manages all aspects of the Ambassador program, including recruitment and stewardship.
- Creates and implements events and opportunities to keep guests engaged throughout the year to ensure maximum attendance at the annual ask event.
- Plans and executes the annual Gifts of Recovery Luncheon and meets annual fundraising targets. Specific duties include, but are not limited to: securing speakers, table captains, and volunteers; developing theme and corresponding decorations, scripts, opening emotional hook and video; catering; and following up with guests.
Able to prioritize effectively, learn systems quickly, utilize them to research and solve problems independently.
In Family or Individual Recovery from a substance use disorder.
Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively articulate the organization's mission, vision, and message.
Exquisite attention to detail.
Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Ability to work for and with multiple people/committees at one time.
Demonstrates exceptional organizational skills.
Ability to develop long-term relationships with a variety of constituents.
Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and maximum accountability.
Friendly and outgoing personality.
Enthusiasm and dedication to teamwork.
Good comprehension skills.
Professional in appearance and demeanor.
Knowledge of Windows operating systems and Office products, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to quickly and thoroughly learn and use any other software programs needed in the operations of FAVOR Upstate, including, but not limited to Bloomerang and the Benevon Model of Sustainable Fundraising.
Bachelor's degree in a related field and three years of business experience.
Experience in a fundraising setting.
Salary: Salary will reflect market value and prior experience.
Application Deadline: Résumés (with cover letter) will be accepted until position is filled.Apply Now