Fund Development Professional
Posted 02/17/2023 | Résumés (with cover letter) will be accepted until position is filled.
Organization: FAVOR Upstate - Greenville Center
Organization Address: 355 Woodruff Road, Suite 303, Greenville, SC 29607
Job Description: Senior-level position works with individuals and family foundations, including donor engagement and solicitation, special events, volunteer services, and marketing & communications in support of policies, goals, and objectives established by the CEO and the Board of Directors. Responsible for developing and implementing annual fundraising plans and meeting goals, using the Benevon Sustainable Model of Fundraising. Responsible for the pipeline of donors established through point-of-entry events. Oversees the ambassador program, the annual ask event, engagement activities for donors, and stewardship of donors, including acknowledgements, annual report, etc.
Plans and executes the annual Community Engagement Program, to include (but not limited to) the following:
- Designs and executes strategies to achieve short- and long-term sustainable philanthropy and engagement goals with individuals and family foundations through annual, major, planned, campaign and corporate giving strategies.
- Acts as advisor and coach on culture of philanthropy, ensuring policies, systems and practices support fund development and stewardship, support senior managers and board members in their development activities.
- Spearheads sustainable philanthropy campaigns to expand operating, capital and endowment funding by utilizing the Benevon Sustainable Model of Fundraising.
- Works closely with team members and senior leaders to ensure strategic direction and ROI on key philanthropic initiatives are supported and communicated.
- Manages a leadership donor portfolio, including cultivation, solicitation, closing of gifts, and stewardship.
- Oversees departmental technology use, data collection, evaluation, and planning.
- Directs responsibility for all related budgets, financial planning, and department expenditures.
- Provides high-level monitoring and input regarding Development department workflows, new project kick-offs, events and project management/results.
- Serves as member of FAVOR Upstate's management team, responsible for providing Development direction and making decisions affecting the organization.
- Participates in the development and implementation of FAVOR Upstate's strategic planning.
- Participates in the design and implementation of an integrated marketing and communications plan that supports FAVOR's strategic initiatives, fundraising goals, brand strategy, and mission.
- Leads and motivates a department of professionals by managing employee performance, providing coaching and mentoring for growth and improved performance, and ensuring professional development opportunities are available to support employee goals and interests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Candidate must be able to prioritize effectively, learn systems quickly, utilize them to research and solve problems independently. In addition, must have the following qualifications:
- Lived experience (personal or family) with a substance use disorder.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 10 to 15 years of fund development experience, with five to 10 years of management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven knowledge of current trends and best practices in the field of philanthropy and the ability to analyze fundraising activities and benchmark with peer organizations to ensure the organization is on track.
- An understanding of how to utilize social media to drive awareness, involvement, and fundraising.
- Experience using data in planning and evaluation.
- Experience with donor management systems and technology platforms to execute philanthropic strategies, specifically the Benevon model.
- Fundraising achievements in major gifts cultivation and solicitation (100k+ preferred).
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems and Office products, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Ability to quickly and thoroughly learn and use any other software programs needed in the operations of FAVOR Upstate, including, but not limited to Bloomerang and the Benevon Sustainable Model of Fundraising.
Experience with the Benevon Sustainable Model of Fundraising.
Salary: Salary will reflect market value and prior experience.
Application Deadline: Résumés (with cover letter) will be accepted until position is filled.Apply Now