Peer Support Specialist
Posted 10/06/2023 | Résumés will be accepted until position is filled.
Organization: Axis I Center of Barnwell
Organization Address: 179 Fuldner Road, Barnwell, SC 29812
Job Responsibilities: • Provides peer support services to identified clients toward the identification and achievement of specific goals defined by the client and specified in the Individual Treatment Plan.
• High school diploma or GED.
• A self-identified individual who has completed substance use disorder treatment and has two years sobriety/recovery.
• Ability to demonstrate their own efforts toward self-directed recovery.
• Two years of active participation in a local or national self-help group or recovery movement that is evidenced by previous volunteer or work experience.
• Ability to demonstrate recovery expertise, including knowledge of approaches to support others in recovery.
• Resilient and possesses the personal and community qualities that enable them to rebound from adversity, trauma, tragedy, or other stressors.
Preferred Qualifications: • Certified as a Peer Support Specialist (CPSS) and Substance Abuse Specialist (SAS).
Salary: Dependent upon education and experience.
Application Deadline: Résumés will be accepted until position is filled.Apply Now