Posted 09/29/2023 | Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
State Title: Health Educator II
Class Code / Pay Band: EB96 / 05
Position Type: TGE
Position Number: TBD
Schedule: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., M-F
Job Description: Assists the division manager in the provision of training, technical assistance, and quality assurance to prevention grant recipients in South Carolina that receive funding from DAODAS. Oversees the process for updating and implementing activities related to the South Carolina Prevention Workforce Development Plan. Oversees the planning and implementation of trainings for the prevention field, such as Prevention Quarterly Meetings, Prevention Ethics, Substance Abuse Prevention Skills Training, training on evidence-based prevention programs and environmental strategies, and other relevant trainings identified to strengthen the prevention workforce in South Carolina. Works with the State Prevention Certification Boards to ensure trainings provided are submitted for credit hour approval in a timely manner. Assists with the preparation of state and federal reports and presentations as requested by the division manager. May also review monthly project deliverables submitted by prevention grantees to ensure accuracy for reimbursement requests, monitor contracts for compliance, and participate in site visits of local providers to monitor quality assurance standards.
Provides contract development, monitoring, compliance, and technical assistance as directed to grantees funded by DAODAS to provide prevention programs and services throughout the state.
Coordinates with the division manager and prevention team members on planning, implementing, and evaluating various Primary Prevention Services sub-awards throughout the state.
Assists with the development of the request for funding application, review process, and contracting process once awardees are selected.
Monitors monthly financial and program deliverables submitted for accuracy and provides technical assistance to awardees as needed throughout the project period.
Provides information needed as requested for federal reporting, state inquiries, etc.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
• Professional experience in human services or social services programs
• Knowledge of the substance use disorder prevention field
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, be a self-starter, and maintain program priorities under pressure
• Master's degree in Public Health Education or a prevention-related field from an accredited institution of higher learning and one year of relevant program experience OR a bachelor's degree and five years of relevant program experience and knowledge of the Strategic Prevention Framework planning model.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
• Strong word-processing skills and intermediate spreadsheet and PowerPoint skills
• Competence in public speaking and exceptional communication skills
• Highly developed skills in leadership, organization, workshop development, multimedia presentations, and oral and written communication
NOTE: These Preferred Qualifications are desirable, but not mandatory, for applicants to be considered qualified for the position.
Salary: $48,000 - $53,000
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until position is filled.Apply Now